Co-Founder and Master Distributor
1. What did you do before network marketing and were you successful in that endeavor?
Prior to my involvement in MLM I owned and ran several different types of businesses. They ranged from remodeling to new construction, consulting, and other forms of direct sales. Although I was successful, none of them brought me the joy and satisfaction that I found in network marketing
2. How were you introduced to network marketing and what challenges did you have to overcome when you got started?
I was introduced to network marketing at a very young age... 17 years old. The greatest challenge I faced at that time was being afforded credibility and taken seriously because of my youth. Once I experienced a measure of success, got a new car, change my haircut and got new clothes the rest followed suit
3. How many companies have you been involved with before you found your current home and what attracted you to this company?
I've been in the industry for a little over 40 years. Over that time I've avoided 'jumping around', I love only been with 10 companies. I preferred to dig in where I was and really give it a go...What attracted me to my current company were 3 things. The first issue that attracted me to this one was the new paradigm shift in product line, the pure simplicity behind the products. They were sexy, simple to explain and super effectiv. Second was the proper implementation of technology to help build the business. What I saw was a brilliant app that removed all the anxiety and rejection that folks feared. Social media is a huge part of our society and this was the best approach I'd ever seen! Last was my familiarity and a deep trust and faith in our CEO/Co-Founder , Josh Henderson. He's a true 'been there, done that' pro, having run a BILLION dollar MLM, founded another huge successful NWM. Coming on board as Master Distributor/Co-founder allows me to help build the culture I've long missed seeing in a company and directly influence and help more folks succeed.
4. Did you have an opinion about network marketing profession before you decided to get involved?
No... I was much too young to have formed any bias towards the end of street. In retrospect, that was a saving grace
5. What was it about (your current company) that made the difference for you and give you the feeling this was the one or did they all do that for you?
What made it exciting for me was the product line, the new technology that was emerging around the concept of simplicity and fun that we were promoting. Also my experience with my CEO/Co-founder. It didn't take long for success to follow and validate the correct choice that I made
6. What was your strategy to insure that you would be successful with your company?
I utilized a simple strategy of sharing my story, using only the existing company tools and sticking to that very duplicable model. I avoid pie-in-the-sky claims and propose a very realistic methodology and timeline. I work very closely with my leaders to insure solid duplication. It makes it very easy to duplicate, promote and grow the organization
7. What was your biggest failure in life and the lesson you learned?
The biggest failure I sustained was in the collapse of the MLM that I helped to cofound. It taught me a lesson in not building an identity around a single individual. We failed to make it around the team and built it a personality. In the absence of that personality, failure followed shortly afterward. In the years since it has always been a team effort exclusively
8. Do you have trainers, speakers or others that have played a role in you growth and success in the business?
Yes... I relied heavily on what I learned from the late John Kalench, and from my peers in the industry. We all shared common philosophies, shared our thoughts and experiences, and each blended it together into a successful circumstance.
By far and away the most influential person in my career was the unstoppable Glen W. Turner. I was
Lucky enough to be handed a cassette that he recorded and it changed the trajectory of me life. Amazingly enough it took another 20 year's before I got to meet him in person and thank him. Today he is not only my mentor but a cherished friend as well
9. How specifically do you build your business regarding personal recruitment, helping those in your organization, advertising, promotion, meetings, etc....?
I built the business using a traditional approach, a lot of one-on-one mentoring, three-way call and in-home meeting. I am still a big believer of the bellybutton to bellybutton concept where practical but I've also learned to incorporate the newer technologies involving webinar and phone apps such as WhatsApp and Skype. The incorporation of our amazing APP is a real game changer and we're having a ton of fun with that. I know many of my peer group are comfortable with advertising, but I have shied away from that as a rule. People don't want to be sales people and, by and large, advertising force people into that mode. I prefer a simpler, more duplicatable and subtle methodology
10. Is recruiting just a numbers game for you or are you particular about who you sponsor and what do you offer them and they in turn have to give you?
I recruit very selectively. I choose people that are not only motivated to demonstrate the persistence needed to make this work. I would rather work with one person to grow one hundred than recruit 100 which yield no one!
11. How do you duplicate other leaders like yourself in your organization that give you the best results?
Simplicity is the key to duplication. I stick to a simple, try and true process and teach that to my team.
12. Do you use social media and how important is it to your business?
I use social media much more extensively since the introduction of our app. It seems to be the new Vogue method but I still don't put a lot of reliance on it. We are still a relationship business and can not ignore the interpersonal side of what we do. However, we cannot ignore new trends. We must be willing to embrace them. I'm doing the best I can with that and I share what results I do get with my leaders
13. If there was one thing you could suggest to someone just entering in the business what would that be?
The best advice I could give would be continue to build, be very patient and persistent. You'll get the results you want overtime. Not being realistic with your timeframe is is what causes frustration and drop out.
14. Can you tell us about how you help people in your organization to be successful?
I'm a big believer in mentorship and support. For the first 90 days I am glued completely to the side of my new distributors. I'm available on the 24/7 basis. I slowly wean away as they become more comfortable to allow them to grow and become independent. That's the best technique that I've been able to come up with to ensure their success and the overall success, and duplication, within the organization
15. What characteristic would your leaders say about you as to why they are glad to be on your team?
I've been told repeatedly that it's the transparency, availability ,simplicity and laughter that make them enjoy being part of our group...we have a lot of fun working together
16. What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
It doesn't take much...i absolutely love what I do...I love the product line:.:and I truly enjoy working with our team
17. How has your life changed through your success in network marketing?
The incredible time freedom has been a true blessing. I'm able to enjoy my family, care for my ailing mother and live a life I would never have imagined. I've traveled extensively and freely with my wife, made friends around the world...it's a lifestyle I never imagined but appreciate greatly!
18. What are your plans for your future?
That's easy...I want to do what I do every remaining day of my life!
19. Based on your present monthly earnings as an MLM professional, what dreams are you living or able to do that you never thought possible?
My life to date has been amazing. I've been able to go from bankruptcy (filing a chapter 13 to keep my home), having my utilities shut to now.......living a life that any millionaire would envy. I have the time and the means to chase after every desire and go where I want, when I want...it has been an absolute blessing beyond words
20. Is there anything else you feel important to know about you?
I am a true proponent and believer in the industry in the profession. While it may not be for everyone, it is for anyone that wants to put in the time and effort to chase after their dreams. I love it, and can't imagine doing anything else about this.